‘Digicel Cricket Trivia Text To Win Competition’ Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO THE ‘DIGICEL CRICKET TRIVIA TEXT TO WIN COMPETITION’
- 1. The ‘DIGICEL CRICKET TRIVIA TEXT TO WIN COMPETITION’ (“the Competition”) is available to all Digicel customers (“the Customer”)
- The Competition will run for approximately eleven (6) weeks starting from to 11:59 pm on July 10, 2011 (“the Competition Period”).
- The Competition is authorised by Order under the Betting, Gaming & Lotteries Act in Jamaica and Trinidad.
- To enter the Competition the Customer must text in the answer to the trivia questions on CRIC (2742), 444-CRIC (2742) in Jamaica, and 1-CRIC (Guyana).
- The texts will be sent to a text to screen web application, the winner will be randomly chosen from the list of correct answers in the application’s database
- The customer will then be called on the mobile number during the radio broadcast they texted their answer in on to be advised that they have won
- All the trivia questions will all be related to the Digicel Series and West Indies Cricket
- The Customer can play the game as many times as they wish.
- Each text will cost the standard text rate in each market except for Jamaica where each text will cost JM$4. Each text is regarded as an entry.
- Text messages are limited to 160 characters. If the text message exceeds 160 characters the Customer will be charged for an additional text message.
The Customer enters the Competition to win a Prize Package which includes:
- 1 Blackberry handset
- Digicel credit
- Signed cricket memorabilia
- Fire in Babylon DVD
- Blackberry promotional items
- There will be six (6) winners of the draw for the Competition. Prize draws will take place on the following dates: May 24th , June 8th , June 13th , June 24th , July 2nd, July 10th
- Digicel will contact the winner by telephone on the day the winner is selected.
- A maximum of five (5) calls will be made to the selected winner within a period of an hour. If no response is received during that hour, another winner will be selected until a winner has been contacted.
- The Winner will have thirty (30) days within which to collect their prizes.
- Prizes are to be collected from your local Digicel offices in your respective markets
- Winners must bring valid photographic identification and the phone and sim card with which they entered the Competition in order to redeem the Prize Package.
- Minors are eligible for this Competition but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian when coming to redeem their prize.
- Digicel employees, dealer principals or employees of any of our affiliated companies, advertising, Competition and public relations agencies, dealers, distributors, or anyone else connected with this Competition and their immediate family members and household members are not eligible for entry. For these purposes immediate family members are spouses, parents, siblings and children.
- Winners will be required to participate in any planned publicity in connection with this competition. By entering the Competition, the prize winner consents to the use of his name, likeness, image, photograph for any and all programming and/or publicity or advertising purposes, commercial or otherwise, in all media and formats used by us or our agencies, without further compensation, throughout the entire world in perpetuity. If a winner refuses to do so, they forfeit their right to claim the prize.
- Digicel, with consultation and prior approval from the necessary gaming bodies reserves the right to at any time vary the terms of the Competition, to amend its Terms and Conditions, or to withdraw the Competition. In any of these events notice will be given via media advertisements or messages to subscribers and will be effective immediately or as of the date referred to in such notifications.
- Digicel, with consultation and prior approval from the necessary gaming bodies, reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Competition if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, safety or proper play of the Competition. In such event, Digicel hereby specifically reserve the right (but not the obligation) to award some other prize hereunder (as determined by Digicel, with consultation and prior approval from the necessary gaming bodies) by means of a random drawing from among the eligible entries received up until the time of the impairment.